Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summer Vacation, Finally Booked!!

Well - we finally made a decision and we have booked our summer vacation to NYC! We gave up on All Star tickets because we know, with our luck, we never would have won the raffle to be eligible to purchase them at regular prices and scalpers were selling them for $550+ each!! (Now that we have booked our trip - we will probably win the raffle, but oh well - the way the Yanks are playing so far, they probably won't have any players in the All Star Game anyway!!) In any event, we are going in July so it will be HOT!! We are staying at a hotel called "The Algonquin" which is in the theater district/Times Square, so it is pretty centrally located to everything we want to do and if anything is longer than walking distance - we'll just hop on the Subway!! I can't wait!!! We had to go to Stubhub.com to get our tickets because everything was sold out otherwise. Last year in the stadium is apparently, quite a big draw!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tix to Jersey Boys at the TKTS booth! That is the one show I really want to see!

Ok, what else. I got a new camera yesterday so pics will be coming soon! Reba & Kelly announced new tour dates and they are coming to Columbus in November, so my 10x zoom will be at work that night!! Another thing to look forward to!

Now, just for fun, here is a video of our loveable Baxter during the weekly test of the tornado sirens last Wednesday! This is what I get to see every week when I am home for lunch by 12:15 pm. Isn't he cute!! We won't need to worry about hearing the sirens if we ever actually have a tornado! I am sure he will alert us!!


Until next time!!

--Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made a good choice- NYC is much more fun than an all-star game :-)

I guess I should warn that Jersey Boys is one of the few shows that NEVER EVER is on TKTS (the other being Wicked). If you want tickets you should buy them in advance. Check out http://www.broadwaybox.com/shows/jersey_boys_nyc_tickets.aspx - its a great resource for finding hard to get tickets to shows like that.

Enjoy NYC, love reading your blog. Glad I could contribute something for a change!