Saturday, May 30, 2009

Starwberries on the Sqaure...

Well, its that time of year again! The annual Strawberries on the Square Festival in downtown Newark. Its a weekend of fair-style food, carnival rides and local entertainment. We're not talking Ohio State Fair status but its kinda of tradition here in Licking County. Deb and her office mates always head over at lunchtime on Friday and then she and I hit it over the weekend. We headed over today and it was a gorgeous afternoon. It was sunny but not too hot and there was a nice breeze. Needless to say; I put on quite an eating exhibition! Started out with a steak burger, then moved on to french fries. We then headed straight to the strawberry shortcake stand and ate away. For some reason I was still a little hungry - scary isn't it - so I finished up with a corn dog! By the time we got home, I needed a Pepcid and 2 tums! We ran into our friends Kim and Mel so we spent some time together eating and laughing as we people watched. We hadn't seen them since the NKOTB concert. My friend Tracy was working the strawberry shortcake stand so I snapped a few pictures of her in action. All in all, it was a nice afternoon. Getting ready to settle in for the night and hopefully watch the Cavs win Game 6!
Kelly

No comments: