Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kel's Birthday Week


Well, July 6th was Kelly's birthday and what an eventful week! It all started July 2nd, which as indicated in my last blog, was Mallori's birthday. We all celebrated at the Geller Park Independence Day extravaganza with fireworks and family. It was a fun evening.

The next night, Kel stayed home after a long day's work, but I joined my family on Buckeye Lake for the BEST fireworks in Licking County. A mini version of Red, White and Boom! There is nothing quite like watching fireworks from a boat! I guess my brothers are good for something!!

The next day, July 4th, we, again, joined my family for a cookout at my Mom & Dad's house. I, know, lots of family time, huh??

July 5th - we celebrated Kel's birthday for the first time at Mongolian BBQ where Kim & Julie joined us. We caught up and had a good dinner.

July 6th - finally Kel's birthday had arrived - and we went to the Old Bag O' Nails Pub in Gahanna. The food was terrific (service not so much as we had 3 glasses of iced tea spilled on us at the start!) We took some photos out back on the balcony and Kel and I ventured down to the water where we saw a mother and her baby ducks swimming along! So cute!! Unfortunately, when I got home, I received the sad news that my Grandma Libby had passed away. She had been ill for quite some time and I am glad she is in a better place now!






Jump forward to this weekend where we started with the Jazz & Ribs Festival in Downtown Newark. The proceeds benefit the Licking County Humane Society, so this is an event we try not to miss each year. As usual, we enjoyed some good food and music and we left just in time before the rains came!!

Today, the final day of Kel's birthday week, her father treated us to The Spaghetti Warehouse - one of our favorite restaurants! It was sooooo good!





Now, I am catching up the blog and going to go to bed! Busy week coming up as we have quite a bit to do before leaving for NYC on Saturday. I can't believe it is finally time, but we only have a few days to go! I can't wait!!

Until next time - peace out!

--Deb

2 comments:

JJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!!

thanks for coming over on saturday-we had some much needed laughs - a good night -- well excluding the fact i was the big loser at dominoes...o well, i get you next time :)

j

dogfaeriex5 said...

it was so great that yu guys came over, i just have the best time when the 4 of us are together..cannot wait to do it again...have a safe and wonderful time in new york....xo~